Molitor Design+Build 630.417.8654
- Remodeling Western Chicagoland since 1999 -
Should You Remodel?
The 10 Steps when considering any Remodeling Project:
1. Assess your current situation.
- Do you have the funds, time and patience to remodel your home?
2. Decide how long you intend to stay in your present home
- Are you remodeling to create a more comfortable environment for a long-term situation? Or are you remodeling so you
can sell faster or get a higher sale price for your home?
3. Start defining the areas of the home that you want to change
- You should have some idea of what the remodeling project will entail before you call a contractor.
4. Clear plenty of time on your calendar for the project
- You should establish a realistic timetable with your contractor.
5. Find a reputable contractor
- The only way to protect yourself during a remodeling project is to hire a professional contractor who has excellent references
6. Create a budget
- Decide how much you can realistically afford for the project before you start.
7. Request a comprehensive proposal from your contractor
- The proposal should tell you how much the project is going to cost and what types of products will be used.
8. Get a complete, written contract before the work begins
- The contract should cover the description of the project, timetable, payment schedule, types of products, etc.
9. Tie payments to work stages
- Normal contracts split payments by percentages of total cost and are tied to significant work stages in the project.
10. Take a deep breath and keep your perspective
- Remodeling can be noisy, time-consuming and disruptive to the normal home environment, so it's essential that you hire a Contractor who has a reputation for making the experience enjoyable
Schedule your FREE consultation today
Let's connect. We'd love to hear how we can help you